► Partneři soutěže
► Mediální partneři
I. Basic statements
The competition is held on the authority of Ministry of Culture Czech Republic by NIPOS-ARTAMA Praha and Dům kultury města Ostravy, a.s.
II. Competition date
31st May – 1st June 2019
III. Competition conditions
1.The competition is announced for the concert category of symphonic bands in the following classes:
2. Competition allows participation of orchestras fulfilling usual international standard without age limit, minimum 45, maximum 85 musicians.
3. Length of performance for middle class orchestras is set for 35 minutes including a 10 minute stage rehearsal in the hall (not classified by the jury) and 25 minutes for competition programme performance (mandatory composition and other equivalent compositions according to their own choice). The total time limit involves as well the musicians’ arrival and leaving the stage.
Length of performance for higher class orchestras is set for 40 minutes including a 10 minute stage rehearsal in the hall (not classified by the jury) and 30 minutes for competition programme performance (mandatory composition and other equivalent compositions according to their own choice). The total time limit involves as well the musicians’ arrival and leaving the stage.
Length of performance for highest class orchestras is set for 45 minutes including a 10 minute stage rehearsal in the hall (not classified by the jury) and 30 minutes for competition programme performance (mandatory composition and other equivalent compositions according to their own choice). The total time limit involves as well the musicians’ arrival and leaving the stage.
Non-observance of the time limit will result in a score penalty.
4. Vocal repertory and pieces for solo instruments are not allowed in the competition programme.
1. Applications forms for the competition can be sent at the latest till 15th February 2019.
2. Mandatory compositions for 2019:
middle class: John Higgins – Celtic Ritual – Published by Hal Leonard,
higher class: Zdeněk Lukáš – Festive Music of Prague – Rundel,
highest class: Evžen Zámečník – Lašské slunce – Rundel.
Mandatory compositions will be provided by the organizer free of charge.
3. Registered orchestras will send the organizing committee their competition programme till 28th February 2019 at the latest, along with brief information about the orchestra and the conductor, photo minimum of 300 pixels. Submitted order of competitive compositions cannot be changed additionally.
4. Orchestras concerned will send the organizing committee music (orchestral parts) of their competitive compositions (except the mandatory ones) in five copies till 28th February 2019.
5. The competition schedule is set by the organizer. Each orchestra will be notified about it till 12nd May 2019.
V. Competition appraisal
1. Competition performances will be appraised by the international jury represented by prominent experts in the field of wind music appointed by NIPOS-ARTAMA Prague.
2. The jury appreciates the test piece and the chosen piece separately, both based on fixed criteria. The final number of points is the average of both appraisals. Chosen pieces need to meet the category in terms of difficulty.
3.The following criteria of competition performance will be focused on:
tone and sound quality,
phrasing and articulation,
dynamics and sound balance,
repertory choice with regard to orchestra’s maturity and competition class rating,
4. The jury will announce competition results after the competition. Orchestras will be given a written opinion in the form of an appraisal letter. The jury appraisal is final and cannot be impeached.
5. The following prizes will be awarded in the competition:
the class winner,
for the interpretation of the mandatory composition,
for conductor performance,
the absolute winner of the competition.
6. If there are fewer than two orchestras in a class, the prize “the class winner ” cannot be awarded.
7. The absolute winner prize is awarded to the orchestra with the highest numberof points without any class limitation.
8. The awarded points will be linked with the following attributes:
Excellent 90,01 – 100 points,
very good 80,01 – 90 points,
good 70,01 – 80 points,
satisfactory 60,01 – 70 points,
participant 60,00 points.
In terms of obtained points the orchestras will be ranked in:
bronze band 60,00 – 69,99 points,
silver band 70,00 – 79,99 points,
golden band 80,00 – 89,99 points,
golden band with honours 90,00 – 100 points.
The organizer will provide musicians with seats, conductor’s podium, music stands and percussion instruments required by the mandatory compositions.
VII. Other conditions of the competition
1. During the competition, all orchestras are fully at the organizing committee’s disposal and any other engagements of individual performances cannot be arranged. Possible shooting of competition performances by Czech Radio or Czech Television does not cause any financial claims on fees.
2. The international competition starts on 31st May and ends on 1st June 2019
3. For competition organization and its running have been issued:
individual organizational instructions,
agreement of participation (on the base of a written application),
mandatory composition music + orchestral parts.
4. All correspondence concerning the organization of the international competition of symphonic bands is kept by the organizer, organizing committee and its secretariat.
Mgr. Markéta Haničáková Ph.D.:
Ing. Taťána Strakošová: